Volunteer Work and Work Assessment Fees

All work hours shall be completed by March 31st in order to be applied to the current year. Work hours completed on or after April 1st will be applied towards next year’s renewal.

All members are required to provide eight (8) hours of service to the club each year. There are more than enough opportunities to serve, but it is difficult if not impossible to provide approved service opportunities for those who wait until the last minute to complete their service hour requirements.

Examples of Volunteer Opportunities include, but are not limited to:

  • Range work parties. e.g. Painting, brush clearing, cleaning, etc.
  • Being a certified Range Safety Officer (RSO) for public shoot days and special events.
  • Being a Gatekeeper for public shoot days and special events
  • Being a CSF board member
  • Assisting a CSF board member with their duties
  • Assisting the membership chairperson
  • Planning and assisting with Club events.
  • Heading up an interest group in the Club, e.g. Archery, Small-bore shooting, Silhouette shooting, etc.

Those who cannot do volunteer work due to extenuating circumstances (e.g. illness, injury) should contact the CSF board as soon as possible for alternate service opportunities or be waived in some circumstances. As there is something that most everyone can do to contribute to the club, work hour exemptions are rarely granted and require written approval by the CSF Board.

If you have accumulated eight hours of service at the club, you will not be assessed work fees. However, if you worked more than eight hours, the excess hours do not roll over to the next year. In order to receive credit for hours worked, be sure to enter your time in the log at the range house. Please write legibly and use the name on your CSF membership badge. If you have guests or family members helping, their time may also be entered and will count towards your eight hour service requirement. However, their service hours must be entered under the primary member’s name for proper credit. If you would like to find out whether your work hours were properly credited, please contact the Public Use Director using the Contact Us form.

If you have questions about the work assessment fees, please email the membership chair using the Contact Us form.